The lost are a crude and fearsome lot. To many they seem more animal than human. Here is what people say:
- They never speak because their tongues are ritualistically cut out.
- They have all given themselves wholly to a dark god of the ocean.
- Some/all have died but were risen again by forgotten magical powers.
- They’ve had their eyes removed because of the horrors they’ve witnessed beneath the waves.
- They cannot walk on land.
- They live throughout the Sea of Spears.
- They eat seaweed and drink sea water.
- When they die, their bodies turn into water.
- They have no memory.
- They are ghosts and the risen dead.
- Once you’ve shipwrecked you begin to hear the voices of the drowned calling out to you.